The esports community has grown substantially in the past few years, and with its expansion came a number of new events and tournaments. In the current esports scene, there are few events that are more inclusive than DreamHack. Since FlipSid3 Tactics Rocket League recently qualified for DreamHack Leipzig, let’s take a look at what DreamHack is, and how it continues to influence esports to this day.
DreamHack is the largest digital festival in the world and holds the record for the largest LAN party. Over the past 20 years, there’s been no better place for gamers and digital adventurers to celebrate the culture of the internet. With a growing esports scene, this digital festival continues to draw in gamers from all walks of life each and every year.
In 2017, DreamHack hosted 11 events in six countries. During that time, more than 250,000 gamers, journalists, and fans made their way to the real-life gathering. The events also drew in more than 90 million online viewers.
DreamHack is constantly working to add to its list of game developers who want their creation on the main stage. The digital festival features games of all genres, ranging from shooters, like Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, to alternative sports, like Rocket League. With a docket of games that continues to grow, DreamHack is well on its way to becoming a household name.
2018 DreamHack Event Schedule
The 2018 DreamHack event schedule spans Western Europe and continues the digital festival’s expansion into North America. With events in Austin, Texas and Atlanta, Georgia, as well as Montreal, Canada, North America seems to be fertile ground for the growing esports arena. What follows is each event’s location as well as start and end dates.
- Leipzig, Germany. 26 January – 28 January 2018
- Marseille, France. 18 April – 22 April 2018
- Tours, France. 19 May – 21 May 2018
- Austin, Texas, USA. 1 June – 3 June 2018
- Jonkoping, Sweden. 16 June – 19 June 2018
- Valencia, Spain. 12 July – 14 July 2018
- Stockholm, Sweden. 29 August – 2 September 2018
- Montreal, Canada. 7 September – 9 September 2018
- Atlanta, Georgia. 16 November – 18 November 2018
- Jonkoping, Sweden. 30 November – 3 December 2018
- Seville, Spain. 14 December – 16 December 2018